OAM for Finance Council Chair
Cathedral Parish parishioner, Mr James (Jim) Couper, has been awarded an Order of Australia Medal in this year’s Australia Day Awards.
Bishop McKenna has congratulated Jim on what he considers a very well deserved award. “Jim has always exhibited great integrity and concern for the promotion of social justice in the church and the wider community”.
Chair of the Diocesan Finance Council for the Diocese of Bathurst since August 2013, prior to that Jim served for many years as a member and Chair of the Board of our Catholic Development Fund.
Jim and his wife Louise moved to Bathurst in 1986 and have been heavily involved in various ways in the Bathurst community since then. Jim has served as a board member and chair for a number of not-for-profit organisations, including tier one housing provider, Housing Plus.
MEDAL (OAM) OF THE ORDER OF AUSTRALIA IN THE GENERAL DIVISION
Mr James Edward COUPER - For service to the community as a church administrator.
Catholic Diocese of Bathurst:
• Chair, Diocesan Finance Council, since 2013; Deputy Chair, 2012-2013.
• Member, Education Taskforce, 2014-2016.
• Chair, Catholic Development Fund, 2012-2013; Board Member, 1995-2012.
• Board Member, St Vincent's Health Services, 1995-2002.
• Board Member, St Joseph's College Perthville, 1998-2001.
Community and Not-For-Profit Organisations:
• Board Member, Family First Credit Union, since 2016; Associate Director, 2015-2016.
• Chair, Housing Plus Limited, Orange, 2009-2015.
• President and Chair, Central Tablelands Housing Association Orange, 2009-2011. Education
• Sessional Academic, School of Communications, Charles Sturt University Bathurst, 2007-2008; Lecturer in Marketing, 1986-1990.
• Lecturer in Agribusiness Marketing, University of Sydney, 1994-1999.