2018 Clergy Appointments
Bishop McKenna has made the following appointments, asking God’s blessings on the priests and communities involved. Unless otherwise stated, the new appointments will take effect on 5th January 2018:
- Father Martin O’Mahony will retire from the post of Parish Priest of Gilgandra and, as Pastor Emeritus, will reside in Dubbo, ministering in the parishes of Dubbo and Gilgandra.
- Father Greg Kennedy EV, in addition to his responsibilities as Parish Priest of Dubbo and Administrator of Dunedoo-Coolah, will also be appointed Administrator of Gilgandra.
- Father Tony Hennessy has requested and been granted one year’s ministerial leave and will resign as Parish Priest of Mudgee, Kandos-Rylstone and Gulgong.
- Father Owen Gibbons will be appointed Parish Priest of Mudgee, Kandos-Rylstone and Gulgong.
- Father Joshy Kaithakulangara CMI will be appointed Assistant Priest in the parishes of Bathurst and Blayney.
- Father Ephrem Thadathil CMI will be appointed Assistant Priest in the parishes of Dubbo and Gilgandra.
- Father Mark McGuigan PE will be appointed for one year from 31st January 2018 as Priest in the Ministry Team at Mary MacKillop Place, North Sydney.
SEMINARIANS’ PARISH PLACEMENTS
- Mr Karl Sinclair will stay in the parish of Coonamble from 27th November to Christmas 2017.
- Mr Diep Nguyen will go to the parishes of Orange and Molong for his pastoral year in 2018.
- Mr Thao Nguyen will go to the parishes of Dubbo and Gilgandra for his pastoral year in 2018.
- Mr Nam Le will take a year out from the seminary to gain greater facility in English, and assist in the parishes of Mudgee, Gulgong and Kandos-Rylstone.
13th November 2017